8 Things You Must Eat To Keep Cancer Away
Cancer statistics are exploding. Some studies say that 1 out of every 2 people will develop some form of cancer in their lifetime. The reality is staggering. Not only is the monetary cost of cancer a huge burden on individuals and society, but the emotional toll is huge as well.
The cure for this disease which plagues and terrifies us is an easy one. Get the proper nutrients into your body every day. Think about this for a moment and really take it in. Your body regenerates almost all of it's cells on a cycle of every 7-10 years. It will use whatever building materials it has at hand to make those cells. It is my belief that cells made of artificial colors, junk foods void of nutrition, additives and chemicals, these cells will be the starting cells of tomorrows cancers.
The sooner you start eating better, the better your chances of never developing cancer at all. If you already have cancer, then you will need more help in the way of supplements along with changing your dietary habits. The more damage the cancer has done, the less likelihood there is of a complete reversal.
Keeping those points in mind, here are the foods to eat to stop this terrible in it's tracks.
- Broccoli- Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cabbage have sulforaphane, a component which has been proven by science to stop cancer growth.
- Tomatoes- Lycopene is just one of the compenents of this healthy fruit that has been studied extensively for it's disease fighting properties. People who eat tomatoes at least 2 times a week have 33% less chance of developing this plague. (Tomatoes and broccoli eaten together have an effect greater than if one is eaten separately from the other)
- Mushrooms- Mushrooms contain beta glucans. Medicinal mushrooms like red reishi, maitake, shiitake, cordyceps, and agaricus blazei have been extensively studies. These mushrooms have been shown in hundreds of thousands of scientific research studies to prevent or cure cancer. In fact there is even a patented extract of mushrooms that is prescribed by doctors in Asia to complement traditional chemotherapy.
- Green Tea- Another gift from our friends in Asia, green tea is loaded with catechins and polyphenols… big words that mean big anti-cancer benefits for you.
- Berries- the powerful anthocyanins in berries will help to turn off the growth of cancer.
- Salmon- and other fatty fish, as well as olive oil, avocado… these are all rich sources of omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids are absolutely necessary for cell reproduction and healing, and are sorely lacking in our diets. Make sure you get wild pacific or alaskan salmon, as most atlantic salmon is now farmed which means it is also filled with antibiotics and has less omega 3 fatty acids than their wild counterparts.
- Garlic- has been proven to reduce the occurence of stomach, breast and esophagus tumors.
- Camu Camu- Many people still haven't heard about Camu Camu or Acerola but I mention them because they are a super concentrated natural form of vitamin C. You absolutely MUST have vitamin C, and lots of it, if you hope to fight cancer and stay healthy. Vitamin C is absolutely essential in the healing process, and a nutrient that is often overlooked. Most people would benefit from large amounts of vitamin C supplementation if these high C fruits (or powders) aren't available in grocery or health food stores.
I hope that you are getting the picture that an anti-cancer diet is one that is made up of real foods. You won't see cheez stiks or french fries or a bacon double cheese burger on any list of cancer fighters. You must give your body building block and healing nutrients every single day and these are delivered to us naturally from the earth.
Eat well and fight off cancer.
Browse The Site
Shelley Penney is a RN (retired) with a keen interest in health, peace and abundance. Shelley has penned several e-books, currently runs several successful business ventures from her home office, and has time to write, meditate, travel, and spend time with her family. Visit Shelley at http://www.shelleypenney.com for interesting articles and stimulating discussion.